Signs of a Dental Emergency
Oftentimes, a dental emergency is caused by trauma as a result of a sports injury or car accident. However, other time-sensitive issues may arise that can impact your oral health. Contact our office immediately if you experience:
- Severe toothache or mouth pain
- Facial swelling
- Loose or lost tooth
- Excessive bleeding
- Extreme temperature sensitivity
- Swelling of the gums
It is our goal to protect your long-term oral health and help you avoid more serious complications.
We make it our priority to accommodate patients experiencing a dental emergency, and can typically fit patients into our schedule on the same day.
Common Dental Emergencies
Emergencies happen when we least expect them. You may experience:
- Loose Tooth: In many instances, a mobile tooth can be splinted to an adjacent tooth for stability. It is important to address this issue as quickly as possible to avoid tooth loss or extraction.
- Lost Tooth: If your tooth has become dislodged, it is essential to schedule an appointment immediately. In the meantime, you should place the tooth in its socket if possible. If not, you should keep the tooth hydrated in a cup of milk or by holding it in your mouth. In the case that we are unable to save your natural tooth, we have several advanced tooth replacement options, including dental implants and restorations, to restore full function and aesthetics to your smile.
- Loose Dental Crown: A loose crown can be very uncomfortable. We can replace your crown to repair your smile. We offer a variety of high-quality materials, including all-porcelain, zirconia, and porcelain fused to metal.
- Tooth Abscess: One of the most critical dental emergencies, an abscess is an infection that spreads to the tooth root. Patients with an abscess typically experience pain or discomfort when biting down. Because the infection can spread quickly, it is important to see us immediately. Depending upon your needs, we may recommend antibiotics in combination with root canal therapy.
- Fractured Tooth: If you have a broken, chipped, or cracked tooth, we offer both cosmetic and restorative treatment tailored to your needs. We can restore the appearance of your smile with dental bonding or porcelain veneers. If your tooth is severely fractured, we can place a dental crown to renew the structural integrity of your tooth.
In the event of a dental emergency, it is important to seek assistance as soon as possible. A visit can not only alleviate any discomfort but save you from more extensive procedures in the future.
Our Commitment to You
At Port Clinton Dental Care, we are dedicated to providing our community with convenient, quality dental services. We make it our priority to accommodate patients experiencing a dental emergency, and can typically fit patients into our schedule on the same day. Dr. Wasserman can be reached anytime of day and is ready to handle your dental emergency both during and after hours.
Call Us Anytime
Our team is here to serve you in the event of a dental emergency. To find out more about urgent care, or to schedule a routine examination, contact our practice. You can call us at (847) 432-1416 for immediate assistance, or send us a message online.